Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Secret prezzies

Am back! Still home sick, but am definitely on the mend now!
The doctor finally advised me to drug myself silly with cough syrup and Gravol. Apparently the coughing is caused by the coughing. So I needed something to knock me out to give my throat a chance to heal. I daresay it worked. I go back to work tomorrow, so we'll see how my bronchii hold up.
Meanwhile, I've managed to complete some long overdue gifts that I'll be shipping off to London in the morning.

The first is an embellished beret for N. It looks so good on me, I'm tempted to keep it! Hmm... does she REALLY deserve it? Probably not, but it's on its way to her anyway.
Also have a CD for Dad with the pilot version of the new show I'm going to host in the summer. It's called Mashup and will be played across Canada. Yay!
Have something in the works for the youngest sister as well. But I know she reads this blog, so I'm not posting it for the moment. Perhaps it will just show up in the mail!
All this time off has given me the opportunity to knit quite a bit lately. Am taking full advantage. Have started my second attempt at the Chevron Scarf from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts". The first one ended up in the frog pond because I began to hate the way the two colourways interacted. The purply one is "Backstabber" and the greeny-brown "Frogging" by Blue Moon Fibers' (Socks that Rock). Too bad. Will make lovely scarves or socks though.
Meanwhile, I cast on a second version of the same scarf. This version will be skinnier (I only used half the number of stitches) and am really LOVING this colour combo. In the photo it's only just begun. After my 5 hour wait at the emergency room (to have a chest X-ray), it's now nearly complete.
Woo-hoo. You know what that means though!
Yup, just cast on yet another project. And no Namu, you can't have this one.

1 comment:

namrata said...

first of all blue is MY colour, so i fell that I should have first dibs on anything you knit that meets my criteria (aka, blue and flattering)

I can't wait for the prezzie now and since twinky is off to dundee tonight it means I get first dibs on he gift too! yay!

MUAHAHAHHAHA